background

Sunday, 24 February 2013

hard to please or just picky?

my new morrocan lanterns as well as some other decorative pieces in our home
so i spent this weekend shopping for our little nest and i've come to realise that i'm hard actually hard to please. we've been in our house now for about a year and i can help decorate and style other people's homes, but i find my own challenging. now that could be because i don't want to settle for something other than what i have my heart set on or it could be because i'm so indecisive (standard for a Gemini - multiple personalities you see!) which means i struggle to just say yes. fun being me. it could also be because i have a pretty unique style and like very different pieces mixed in together.

see, i'm the type of person who needs to feel comfortable in my space, which means i need colour and when i started out decorating our home, i decided on yellow and a dark teal colour... i absolutely love it. it's so me! my poor husband didn't get a choice here...


i also love diy stuff. if only i had the time... mental note - i'd like to find time because i have some pretty cool ideas about making a herb garden as well as a bedhead for our spare bedroom - more on that another time.

i didn't have a great shopping day yesterday, we went out with my parents - who are also building a home at the moment... and as i expected, i managed to find a whole heap of items for their home, ours not so much...  so i was pretty frustrated yesterday... my poor hubby had to bear the brunt of it... oops... the joys of being married to me. so this morning we decided to go to ikea... i always manage to walk out with something from there, even if it's tea light candles! i did get a couple of good pieces though... i bought the moroccan lanterns in the pic above - been looking for some unique lanterns to put in our niche for ages! also, bought the little centerpiece on the table... wanted something minimal so it didn't take away from my favorite yellow pendants.

i keep telling myself i'll get there, but we have so much more to do and so many rooms / spaces to furnish. all in good time i suppose. clearly patience isn't my strong point! fun fun fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment